|Current Planning|Need information on what can be built on a property or what use is allowed?
Call our Zoning Information Line (562) 570-6194. This line is staffed by planning professionals during City business hours (Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30pm).
Current Planning is the first stop for a person wishing to develop a new project, add-on to an existing home or business, change the use of a property, or subdivide land. The Current Planning Officer is the head of Current Planning, and serves as the City's Zoning Administrator. The Zoning Administrator presides over public hearings for applications such as Standards Varlances, Local Coastal Development Permits, and Administrative Use Permits.
Current Planning Duties
- Minor construction permit reviews (signs, fences, small additions).
- Major construction permit reviews (large additions, new buildings).
- Providing information and answering questions from the public regarding zone designations (Zoning Maps), permitted land uses, setbacks, density, height limits, lot coverage, open space, and other requirements & processes.
- Discretionary land use decisions (Planning Permit Information).
- Administrative Decisions: staff-level Site Plan Review, Signs Standards Waivers.
- Minor Public Hearings: Standards Variances, Lot Line Adjustments, Lot Mergers, Administrative Use Permits, Local Coastal Development Permits.
- Major Public Hearings: Conditional Use Permits, Site Plan Review, Subdivision Maps, Zone Changes.
- Business License Reviews for Zoning conformance
- Special Studies for Zoning Code amendments, zone changes and others.
- Provide Staff Support for the City's appointed Planning Commission.
Site Plan Review - Approval Status
Links of Interest
Get Adobe Reader
News RSS Feed