|Business Start-Up Microenterprise Grant|
The Business Start-Up MicroEnterprise Grant is designed to assist new businesses by providing federal grant funds in an effort to defray costs associated with the starting of the business. The program may provide up to a $2,000 reimbursement grant to eligible businesses.
Criteria for Eligibility
- The business is located outside the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) target areas. Call (562) 570-6866 to verify site eligibility.
- Applications to participate in the program are submitted within the first year of business operations.
- The new business is located in a commercial storefront located on the ground floor of a building with an individual address and an entrance accessible to the public.
- The business owner must complete a one-on-one consulting session with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- No more than 5 employees (4 employees plus business owner).
- Business owner must be an individual/sole proprietor only.
- Must be open to the public and licensed in the City of Long Beach.
- Copy of identification (DUNS Number) is required.
- All City of Long Beach fees must be paid prior to receiving a rebate.
- All business owners must show proof of income.
- Other restrictions may apply.
For a copy of the Business Start-Up Microenterprise Grant flyer, CDBG map and eligibility form, please click one of the following:
Completed and signed eligibility forms must be mailed to:
Business Start-Up Microenterprise Grant
100 W Broadway, Suite 550
Long Beach, CA 90802
For more information contact the Neighborhood Services Bureau at (562) 570-6866 or via e-mail to Phillip.Jennings@longbeach.gov.