|Business Start-Up Grant|
The Business Start-Up Grant is designed to assist new businesses by providing federal grant funds in an effort to defray costs associated with the starting of the business. The program may provide up to a $2,000 reimbursement grant to eligible businesses.
Criteria for Participation
- The business must be located within the Community Block Grant eligible areas (see map below).
- The business owner must apply within the first year of operation. The first year is based on the date the business license was issued.
- The business is a new community-serving retail or service business in a store front (a room at the ground floor of a building usually with display windows designed for use as a store of office. A building with an individual address, utility bills, entrance/exit, and visible and correct signage per city codes.) Accessible to the public.
- The business owner must complete a one on one counseling session with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Must be open to the public and licensed in the City of Long Beach.
- The grant funds may reimburse legitimate start-up costs associated with opening the business.
- Copy of identification is required.
- Other restrictions may apply.
For a copy of the Business Start-Up Grant flyer, CDBG map and eligibility form, please click one of the following:
Completed and signed eligibility forms must be mailed to:
Business Start-Up Grant
100 W Broadway, Suite 550
Long Beach, CA 90802
For more information contact the Neighborhood Services Bureau at (562) 570-6866 or via e-mail to Phillip.Jennings@longbeach.gov.
CDBG Areas map