|The Long Beach Community Investment Company (LBCIC)|
On October 22, 2013, the Long Beach City Council approved Resolutions dissolving the Community Development Advisory Commission (CDAC), amending and restating the organizational documents of The Long Beach Housing Development Company (LBHDC), and renaming the organization The Long Beach Community Investment Company (LBCIC). Both CDAC and LBHDC are no longer active and its Commission/Board of Directors have been dissolved.
- The LBCIC advises the Long Beach City Council regarding delivery of housing and neighborhood revitalization services, use of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, and ongoing administration of the City's affordable housing funds. The LBCIC is comprised of a new seven (7) member Board of Directors.
- Formation of the LBCIC presents an opportunity to consolidate community services, reduce redundancies, increase efficiencies, and enhance delivery of related programs and services.
- Pursuit of the City's goals to eliminate blight, create economic opportunities, provide affordable housing, and revitalize neighborhoods will continue through the consolidated and streamlined LBCIC.
The LBCIC meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in City Hall, 3rd Floor, Large Conference Room.
Programs and Initiatives
- Ramona Park Apartments - Two-story, 61-unit rental complex that will provide affordable, quality housing for low- and very low-income seniors (55+); located at 3290 East Artesia Boulevard. For more information, go to www.palmcommunities.com or call (562) 570-7162.
- Belwood Apartments - 34-unit apartment building rehabilitated/converted into an affordable housing rental housing serving families at between 50 to 60 percent of the area median income with affordability restrictions for a period of 55 years; 6301 Atlantic Avenue, near Houghton Park and Jordan High School. For more information, call (562) 612-1540.
- Immanuel Senior Housing - Adaptive reuse of the former Immanuel Church into a 25-unit affordable senior (over 62 years) rental housing development. Estimated completion summer 2016.
For more information/questions, call (562) 570-6949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org