Back to CAAP Main page
CAAP Data and Assessments:
Several assessments and analyses are being condicted to provide a Long Beach specific summary of current and future GHG emissions, GHG emissions reduction target options, local climate hazards and sectoral vulnerability assessments of those hazards. As reports are available, they will be posted here for public review:
CAAP Informational Brochure
June 2, 2018 - CAAP Open House and Sustainability Resource Fair @ Martin Luther King Jr. Park
The City hosted the first-ever CAAP Open House and Sustainability Resource Fair on Saturday, June 2, 2018 at Martin Luther King Jr. Park. The materials and resources from the event are below:
January 14, 2019 - Sea Level Rise in Long Beach & What Homeowners Can Do to Prepare @ Best Western Golden Sails Hotel
The City hosted a panel discussion on Sea Level Rise in Long Beach & What Homeowners Can Do to Prepare featuring Jerry Schubel, PhD from the Aquarium of the Pacific and Jeff Jeannette, AIA from Jeannette Architects on Monday, January 14, 2019 at Best Western Golden Sails Hotel.
January 26, 2019 - CAAP Open House #2 and Sustainability Resource Fair @ Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library
The City hosted the second CAAP Open House and Sustainability Resource Fair on Saturday, January 26, 2019 at the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library. The materials and resources from the event are below:
March 30, 2019 - Extreme Heat in Long Beach: Staying Safe & Solving Climate Change
The City hosted a panel discussion on Extreme Heat in Long Beach: Staying Safe & Solving Climate Change. Featured panelists included:
- Councilmember Roberto Uranga - City of Long Beach, Seventh District
- Myron Wollin - President, Long Beach Gray Panthers
- Alison Spindler - Planner and Budget Specialist, Long Beach Development Services
- Jennifer Lentz - Climate Resilience & Community Sciences Programs Coordinator, Aquarium of the Pacific
- Dean Toji - Executive Committee Member, Long Beach 350
- Jake Heflin - Firefighter/Paramedic, Public Information Officer, CERT Program Manager, Long Beach Fire Department
- Nancy Riano - Nursing Services Officer/Maternal Child and Adolescent Health Director, Long Beach Health & Human Services Department
- Karen Reside - Secretary, Long Beach Gray Panthers
- Edric Guise - Chair, Long Beach Citizen's Climate Lobby
This event was hosted in partnership with the Office of Councilmember Roberto Uranga, Long Beach Gray Panthers, Citizen's Climate Lobby, and Long Beach 350.
Extreme Heat Panel
Media Toolkit - coming soon!
Subscribe to LinkLB Development Services - Initiatives and Programs to learn more about the City's CAAP, and receive information about upcoming community meetings and events. "Like" the Development Services Facebook page, and "follow" us on Twitter, and get involved in the CAAP discussion using #CAAPLB.