The Garvey House

View Map

THE GARVEY HOUSE
1728 East 7th St. (1905-06)

It is one of the only surviving Victorian homes remaining on Seventh Street, recalling the early streetscape of a now-busy commercial thoroughfare. It represents the first phase of residential development in Long Beach. The Victorian architecture is well-preserved. The building is named for prior owner James Garvey, who restored the home in the 1980's and added the pendant ornament to the gables. The building has its original carriage house. Today it is home to the Chrysalis School for Girls.