Second Chruch of Christ Scientist
View Map
SECOND CHURCH OF CHRIST SCIENTIST
302 7th St./655 Cedar Ave. (1924)

Architect: Elmer Gray

Builder: Shields Fisher & Lake Co.

A monumental Renaissance Revival church with a Roman Temple facade and large dome. Both Christian Science Churches downtown were designed by Elmer Gray only 11 years apart; he was a renowned architect from Los Angeles. The building is now owned by the Second Samoan Congregational Church of Long Beach.