Insurance Exchange Building

View Map

INSURANCE EXCHANGE BUILDING
201-205 E. Broadway (1924/25)

Architect: Harvey H. Lochridge

Builder: C.T. McGrew

Built originally as Middough's Boy's Shop, children's clothing was sold here. The building is one of downtown's finest terra cotta clad structures, with rich polychrome ornamentation including a band of playing children, griffins, sea serpents and floral swags. The Superior Court at one time occupied the upper floors. The lobby and Broadway entrance were remodeled in the Art Deco style. In 2002 an adaptive reuse proposal to create loft residential units with restaurants downstairs was submitted to the City.