Farmers and Merchants Bank Tower

» View Map

FARMERS & MERCHANTS BANK TOWER
320 Pine Avenue (1925)

Architects: Curlett & Beelman with W. Horace Austin

The Farmers and Merchants office tower was a later addition to the bank building that was constructed in 1923 as headquarters for Long Beach’s venerable financial institution. Architecturally, the buildings are outstanding examples of Italian Renaissance Revival classicism with richly detailed terra cotta cladding. The bank, with its perfectly preserved vintage banking hall, is not designated as a historic landmark; the tower and bank are owned separately.