Engine Company #8

View Map

ENGINE COMPANY #8
5365 E. 2nd St. (1929)

Architect: Parker O. Wright and Francis H. Gentry

City Engineer: A.H. Adams

This Renaissance Revival public building originally was the Belmont Fire and Police substation, the city's first police substation sharing a building with two fire platoons. Its red tile roof and period charm blend well with the surrounding Belmont Shore neighborhood. Today the fire fighters share the building with the Museum of Art's Video Annex.