Cherry Ave. Lifeguard Station

View Maps

CHERRY AVE. LIFEGUARD STATION
Foot of Cherry Ave. at beachfront (1938)

This building commemorates the history of lifeguard services by the City of Long Beach. Constructed in 1938 as a WPA project, it served as headquarters for city lifeguard service in its original location at the foot of Linden Ave. Still preserving its original three-story design with hexagonal lookout tower, it was moved to Cherry Ave. in 1961.