|Architect: Coxhead & Coxhead
This house has unusual historic and architectural value. It has begun in 1890 as the home of George H. Bixby, whose family owned much of the surrounding land. The house originally sat on 10 acres, containing various farm buildings as well as landscaped gardens. It was designed by the well-known San Francisco firm of Coxhead and Coxhead in the Shingle style with American Colonial Revival features. Constructing this large house of almost 7,000 sq. ft. took nearly 3 years. About 1910, ranch operations were discountinued, but the family remained in the house until 1920, when George Bixby died. The property was then sold and subdivision of the estate lands began. The house underwent a major restoration in 1990.