The Internet Permitting Request service is available to California Licensed Contractors who frequently perform simple construction projects in Long Beach. Examples of simple projects are water heater replacements, electrical service or heating upgrades, window replacements, re-roof, etc.
The following information will aid you in applying for Internet Permitting Request services. Applying will require a one-time, in-person registration to verify your credit/debit information.
1. Please bring the following items to register to the Development Services Center at City Hall, 333 W. Ocean Boulevard, 4th Floor:
2. If the application is approved, you will be provided with a unique personal identification number (PIN), which will allow you to obtain permits without having to transmit your credit card information. Your PIN must be provided each time a permit is requested.
3. When your application is approved, a processing fee (in accordance with the City's current Fee Schedule) will be charged to your credit/debit card. Please note that an additional fee may be charged to create a new account, even if the Contractor remains the same. To use a new credit card will require an in-person verification of signatures.
4. Please allow one (1) business day for processing prior to requesting an inspection. Staff will make every effort to ensure that the Internet Permitting Request is processed promptly.
5. Once the permit is issued, a copy will be mailed to you through the U.S. Mail.
* The City of Long Beach is authorized to accept Visa and Master Card only. Credit cards that are rejected for any reason will prevent your application from being processed.
Thank you for your interest in using the Internet Permitting Request service. If you have any questions, please contact Long Beach Development Services at (562) 570-LBDS (5237).