We believe all dwellings in our city should be safe for residents to live, work and play. To that end, our team of more than 65 building safety experts works behind the scenes to ensure compliance with state and local building codes while assisting developers with all new projects to meet our strict safety standards.
Last year, Building staff:
- Provided more than 87,000 residential and commercial inspections to the public.
- Over 96% of these inspections were provided within 24-hours of being requested.
- Assisted more 73,000 customers at our Development Services counter.
- Issued more than 12,000 Permits:
- More than 6,800 Building Permits.
- More than 2,500 Electrical Permits.
- More than 1,800 Plumbing Permits.
- More than 1,244 Mechanical Permits.
Building staff is involved in all aspects of new construction, ensuring structural soundness of buildings, reliability of fire prevention and suppression systems, plumbing and mechanical systems, and keeping an eye on our future with energy efficiency and sustainability guidelines for new growth.
Information and Resources